Monday, September 15, 2008

Fundraising Auction & Dinner

Decorating for the Tavon fundraising auction and dinner is my contribution to this fabulous organization every year and each time it goes more smoothly and looks better.  The tables this year had galvanized pails on them filled with 4" pots of various herbs.  It went along beautifully with the evening's theme, "Cultivate the Earth, Celebrate the Individual", as well as Tavon's mission to use horticultural therapy as a part of their program for young adults with disabilities. 


The venue was perfect and the decorations looked lovely in such a pretty setting.


Daughter and her best friend were two of the many teens who volunteered for the event.  They helped set up dessert plates, decorate, sold raffle tickets, cleared tables and assisted at the live auction.  It was so great to see how many teenagers were willing to spend their Saturday volunteering for such an important and worthy cause.

Mom was at the ocean with her sisters but Stepdad was able to come, here he and I are talking to husband and brotherinlaw.  I am going to have to have a word with Stepdad regarding the horror he calls a haircut!


I don't know how much money we raised yet but I do know it was a LOT.  Husband shocked the shit out of me by bidding on and buying a six day, six night safari trip to AFRICA!  It's the trip of a lifetime and I still can't quite believe that he actually bought it.  I'm so excited!  We have 2 years to use it so I have to get planning.  Mom, can you watch the kids for us....

2 comments:

Shelly... said...

Awesome job on the decorations! Like I said before you are a Domestic Goddess! Glad it went so well.

SabrinaT said...

Everything looked wonderful. Glad you had a great time. And raised TONS of money!
Africa.. How exciting..