Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Hate Grocery Shopping

Am I the only one?  I loathe grocery shopping with the heat of a thousands suns.  A dentist appointment would be better.  A bikini wax, hell a BRAZILIAN wax would be better.  And why is it that the thing I hate hate hate the most (even more than ironing) has to be done all the fucking time?  Two or three times a week sometimes, especially if the kids have friends over which they do a LOT.  Every time I turn around we are out of milk, cheese, apples, green beans...  (ok, I lied.  We will never run out of green beans because no one ever eats them.  I will die with the same package of frozen green beans in my freezer that I bought when we were first married).

Today I have taken matters into my own hands.

I sent husband to Costco.  He will come home with everything on the list plus eleventy-million other things that he felt we HAD TO HAVE.  I have to clean out the pantry and the mudroom in preparation to house all the crap he will buy and it still might not all fit.  We will have to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay for everything he will buy.  The house will be full to the rafters with gigantic bags of chips, ten pounds of bananas, eight gallons of milk, fourteen bottles of shampoo, six thousand cans of soda, a gazillion eggs, and seven heads of lettuce.

If I'm lucky I won't have to go grocery shopping for at least a week.

6 comments:

Shelly... said...

I was going to say I don't mind grocery shopping but then I realized of course I don't it's only for the two of us! I laughed at your description of hubby going to Costco because I can picture him coming home with all manner of crap!

Unknown said...

I just saw your link on Jason's page. I hate grocery shopping too! I think it might be my least favorite activity. Every week I want to cry as HUGE amounts are paid to the grocery store. And, no matter how many lists I make, I ALWAYS have to go back before the week is out. This was depressing
: ( but you are VERY funny : )!

Jason, as himself said...

I don't know why I find grocery SO exhilarating! If I lived nearby, I'd do your shopping for you!

MOM #1 said...

I despise it too.

We do the once a month only shopping and it is a BEAR.

Mom #2 graciously went all by herself this month while I wallowed in bed whining about how much I hate it. Of course she brought home a lot of extra crap, too, but she makes the money and I stayed at home, so WHATEVER!

Jen's Farmily said...

I hate grocery shopping. Mostly b/c I always forget SOMETHING. Even with a list. And then I see how many groceries I have and look at how much money I spent and I'm all "WTF?"

Unknown said...

My husband does that too! What is that? Guys are just weird.