Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Catching the Bus at 6:38am Might Just Kill Her


Daughter starts high school today.  Like all teenagers she enjoys rolling her eyes, wearing whatever clothes/makeup/jewelry will give her father the most fits, dyeing her hair weird colors and most importantly, sleeping until after lunchtime.  I laughed myself silly when I got the letter from the school district that said her bus would pick her up at 6:38 in the morning.  School starts at 7:20 so it could be worse but she didn't see it that way.  Getting up at o'dark thirty is a fate worse than death as far as she's concerned.  I didn't have much sympathy, I've wasted years of my life trying to drag her ass out of bed so this is sweet revenge.



Hmmm, daughter at 7 and she's in bed reading.  Not much has changed.  It's not just her as a teenager, she's always been a night-owl that likes to sleep in until I'm having a cow because she's still in bed and it's WHAT TIME?!?!?!

And here she is this weekend in Chelan.  Thinking she's all that and a bag of chips 'cause she's going into high school.  Brat.

Now I'm going to go cry myself back to sleep.  (I don't have to go to school at 7:20 in the morning, why should I lose my beauty sleep?)  She's ready for high school but I'm not.  

Have fun baby, I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG--high school? I don't even want to think about that! Talk about crying! Can you imagine the day they go off to college? No, me either.

She's a beauty!
~Christy

EmBee said...

It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it?

My son wakes up at 2:00 or 3:00 pm on non-school days, so I can relate.

Jason, as himself said...

Six thirty eight a.m.in Seattle? Ohhhhhhhhhh, that is such a depressing thought. Nobody deserves that. Or do they?