Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Am Random and Weird

The Girl Next Door Tagged Me (and boy does that toe-tag get in the way while I'm sleeping) so here are seven random and weird facts about me for your edification.

1. I cut husband, things one and two and daughters fingernails and toenails.  I love to pick at stuff so this satisfies my picking urge and gets them well groomed at the same time.  (Daughter has the stinkiest feet in the bunch!)

2. When I was a kid I wanted to be a coroner when I grew up.  Just think, no malpractice suits - the patients are already dead so how much more could you fuck them up?  This dream went up in smoke when I realized how many science classes I would have to take AND PASS to get through the schooling.  Mad Scientist Brother got all the science genes in the family.

3. Making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches is an art.  The peanut butter must be totally even and go all the way to the edge of the bread, butter must be applied on the other side with the jelly on top of it.  That way the jelly doesn't soak into the bread and make the sandwich soggy.  I take forever to make pb&j's but they are AWESOME.  Stop laughing.

4. PB&J's aside, I hate to cook.  Actually it's more like I hate to make dinner every night.  I don't mind cooking when I have the time but the day to day what the hell are we going to have for dinner game totally makes me want to scream.  So we eat out a lot.  And husband cooks a lot.  I am a lucky girl.

5. I love the smell of gasoline and rubber cement.  I remember sniffing rubber cement in elementary school.  I probably managed to get myself high once or twice on it.  And when I'm putting gas in my car it's all I can do not to stick my nose in the tank and take a deep whiff.

6. Black licorice is evil and should be abolished from the face of the earth.

7. If I use the bathroom at your house and the toilet paper is put on WRONG (as in hanging down behind the roll instead of in front of the roll) I will take it off the roll and turn it around.  Every time.  I am the toilet paper direction police.  Maybe I should write a grant to get better funding.

I'm supposed to tag seven random people to do this so I'm gonna tag Shelly (who gets really pissy when I turn her toilet paper around!), Christy, Laurel (It must be your week for games of tag!), Embee, Suburban Correspondent, Mom #1 and Hotfessional.

Back to the homework grind.  I wonder if I could buy a paper for this class online....

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I'm with you on the toilet paper. But, as a kid, my drug of choice was whiffing permanent markers.

Unknown said...

You are wacked! You actually LIKE the smel of gas? And rubber cement?! LOL Oh well, I guess I'm wacked too--I like the smell of basements! Weird, I know. I'll do this tag today (Sunday.)
~Christy