Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day


We had a fabulous holiday weekend! On Friday night I dropped daughter off at the marina in Seattle where Marvelous Mom and Stepdan park (moor? float?) their sailboat. She sailed to Poulsbo with them while Husband and the Things and I drove over on Saturday.

I have to note that this is the first time in two years that Husband has joined us on an overnight vacation other than going to Chelan with his brother and family. I was THRILLED that he said, "Screw work, I'm coming too!"

I had a few hours in Poulsbo with my guys before the sailors arrived. Aren't they handsome fellows?


Me and my boys - they're both taller than me, yikes!


And here comes Daughter and Stepdan in the dingy to motor us out to the sailboat that was anchored in Liberty Bay.


And this is just too cool for words. There is a teeny-tiny aquarium on the waterfront in Poulsbo and their resident Giant Pacific Octopus was eating a crab. Apparently they crack the crab's shell with their beak, suck all the guts and stuff out, and then drop the empty shell. That crab that you can see in the middle of the suckers is bigger than my hand!


It was a lovely weekend and I'm bummed to be back. (Mostly because I have 24 hours to write my mid-term essay.)

I hope y'all had a fun and safe fourth too!

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

Wow! I'm glad you had a great 4th weekend. When did those things get taller than you?!