Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Speech

Here is Thing 2's election speech. I think it's pretty clever but then I'm biased.

Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers were having a pretty great time dancing to jazz music and sitting on flagpoles. This is because fourscore and seven years ago it was 1923, and back then flagpole-sitting and jitterbugs were cool. But do you know what's cool right now? M High School! Yes, MHS, conceived here in M and dedicated to the proposition that all teenagers deserve a better education.

Now we are engaged in a great senatorial election, testing who will be a Freshman Senator at the high school next year. Now, who am I addressing? You. Yes you, the 8th graders! YOU will all be freshmen up at MHS next school year. If elected, I will be your class senator, representing all of you. I will be representing what YOU think! I will be representing YOUR thoughts, YOUR opinions, YOUR ideas and YOUR NEEDS! I will have the power to help change MHS to fit those needs! But, this can only happen if you vote for me. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here. It is rather for us to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us - that we shall elect a Senator whose devotion for the students is shown in the great lengths he goes to in order to improve the lives of the students - that we here highly resolve to have an intelligent, passionate Class Senate - that this school district, of M, shall have a new birth of freedom - and that government of the students, by the students, and for the students shall not perish from M High School.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I see why he was elected. :)

Shelly... said...

That kid cracks me up!