Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Big Ass Party

After the Memorial Service at the church, everyone gathered back at our house for the Big Ass Party Nannie requested. I estimate we had 100 people at the house over the afternoon and evening so it was DEFINITELY big ass! We ate, drank, told funny stories about Nannie, drank some more, played a very funny game around the fire that was just a little bit too complicated for my slightly drunk self, and generally celebrated with friends and family. It was perfect.






Goodbye Nannie. We love you more than you can imagine.

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

How awesome that you got to celebrate your Nannie's life exactly the way
SHE wanted you to!! Looks like it was a hell of a celebration.

MOM #1 said...

When I go, I'll take a Big Ass Party too. I expect you to come!

Shelly... said...

It was a party to remember and Nannie would have loved it. Perfect celebration for her life, and she is very missed. It was so weird being in her little apartment and not having her sitting in her chair, but she did have a good long life and I'm happy for that.